On Tom Johnson’s blog titled “I’d Rather Be Writing”, he has pulled together a very valuable selection of usability tips for when you are setting up and adding content to your blog.
At Twenty Usability Tips for Your Blog â€” Condensed from Dozens of Bloggersâ€™ Experiences, Tom expands on each of the following tips:
1. Pick a topic for your blog.
2. Encourage comments.
3. Make it easy to subscribe.
4. Include an About page.
5. Present your ideas visually.
6. Keep posts short and to the point.
7. Use subheadings for long posts.
8. Link abundantly.
9. Make headlines descriptive.
10. Archive by topic.
11. Include a list of related posts beneath each post.
12. Allow users to contact you offline.
13. Present your real viewpoint.
14. Write for your future employer.
15. Include a Top Posts section.
16. Provide an index.
17. Get your own URL and match it to your blogâ€™s title.
18. Include a Recent Posts section in your sidebar.
19. Reward commenters for commenting.
20. Post often.
Incredibly useful for new bloggers, and naturally a gentle reminder for the more experienced!
Highly recommend you check out Twenty Usability Tips for Your Blog â€” Condensed from Dozens of Bloggersâ€™ Experiences and then get in touch with us for any technical amendments you want for your blog.