Quinoa and broccoli – easy vegan lunch
When my aunt sent me a link about the benefits of quinoa for vegetarians and vegans, I knew I had to try it for lunch.
Inspired by the article, I prepared a simple but tasty lunch using just 5 ingredients:
- quinoa – prepared on the hob just like rice, for 15 mins.
- broccoli – gently steamed on the hob for 3-4 minutes, slightly undercooked – perfect.
- water – to prepare the quinoa and the broccoli.
- salt – freshly ground rock salt.
- pepper – although meal would have been perfect without it too.
Cooking time: 20 minutes
The quinoa was a great substitute to rice – lighter and a slightly nutty flavour. Delicious and filling.